taxrates.io Terms of serviceVersion 1.1, last updated: 2019-01-30 12:14:55
For the purposes of this Agreement, “GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In Services” shall consist of:
- all data and information feeds, media, software, and/or electronic documentation made available or supplied by GTR or its licensees and
- certain other software, data, and/or documents supplied by GTR or its licensees to facilitate use of such data or services. “GTR API Data and Services” means GTR’s service or application programming interface that allows You and other authorized licensees to access GTR API Data & Services and make use of GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In Services. This Agreement includes all amendments, addendums, and revisions to the terms herein in effect between You and GTR from time to time.
By accessing or otherwise using the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add, You acknowledge that You:
- have read all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- agree to check the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add pages from time to time for any updates or amendments to the terms and conditions of this Agreement; and,
- have the power and authority to enter into this Agreement. If You do not acknowledge the above, You may not access or use the GTR API,Ratewatch & Excel Add In Solutions. If you are dissatisfied with the terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines, or practices of GTR, Your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing or otherwise using the GTR.
www.taxrates.io is a site operated by Global Tax Rates Ltd, an Irish technology company registered in Ireland at the following address:
5 Fitzwilliam Sqare East,
Dublin 2, Ireland.
Scope of LicenseGrant of License
GTR hereby grants to you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, and limited license for the term of this Agreement to access the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In solution and use GTR API Data & Services strictly for the limited purposes, and under the terms and conditions, as are set forth in this Agreement.Scope of the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In License
Subject to Your compliance with the terms of this Agreement, You are hereby permitted to receive, process, and display GTR API Data & Services to individual end-users of your application(s), provided
- such end users use GTR API Data & Services strictly for their own personal use,
- You do not permit Your end users to store, distribute, or otherwise exploit GTR API Data & Services for any other purposes. For clarity, and without limiting the forgoing, you are permitted solely to use GTR API Data & Services for reference by your end users. Except as expressly provided herein, under no circumstances whatsoever may You transfer or permit the transfer of GTR API Data & Services outside of your application(s).
Use of LicenseRestrictions
You shall not:
- reproduce, copy, modify, distribute, market, display, transfer, sublicense, assign, prepare derivative work(s) or adaptation(s) based on, sell, exchange, barter or transfer, rent, lease, loan, time-share, resell, or in any other manner exploit GTR API Data & Services or the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In;
- make access to GTR API Data & Services or the GTR API available to unauthorized parties, or otherwise post or distribute GTR API Data & Services in any public forum including, but not limited to, print, newsletters, radio, television, or internet;
- remove, obscure, or alter any required notice or any notice of GTR’s intellectual property rights present on or in the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, and/or patent notices;
- disassemble, translate, reverse engineer or otherwise decompile GTR API Data & Services or the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In;
- knowingly cause or permit anything that will impair, jeopardize, violate, or infringe the intellectual property rights of GTR in GTR API Data & Services or the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In;
- directly or indirectly dispute or contest the ownership, validity, or enforceability of the intellectual property rights of GTR in GTR API Data & Services or the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In or assist any party to do so;
- through Your use of GTR API Data & Services or the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In knowingly cause or permit anything that You know or ought to know will prejudice or hamper the reputation or goodwill of GTR;
- claim, use, or apply to register, record, or file any trade mark, trade name, copyright, or design that is identical or confusingly similar to GTR’s trademarks, or assist any other party to do so;
- use, store, or access any GTR API Data & Services, or the GTR API, Ratewatch, Excel Add In after the termination of this Agreement;
- use or permit others to use, market, distribute, or export GTR API Data & Services, or the GTR API, Ratewatch, Excel Add In; or,
- use GTR API Data & Services or the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In, in any manner or for any purpose that violates any law, regulation or right of any person.
While usage of the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In is not subject to your end users being made aware by you that GTR is supplying the functionality you are making use of in your application(s), Your inclusion of a clickable hyperlink to the GTR website at https://taxrates.io would be highly appreciated.Your Responsibility to Safeguard
You shall use Your best efforts and take all necessary steps to safeguard GTR API Data & Services to ensure that no unauthorized reproduction, publication, disclosure, modification, distribution, or other use of any GTR API Data & Services is made in whole or in part. To the extent that You become aware of any such unauthorized use of GTR API Data & Services, You shall immediately notify GTR by emailing “firstname.lastname@example.org.”.Misuse of the Licensed Product
In the event that You or any end users use GTR API Data & Services or the GTR API in violation of this Agreement, as applicable, GTR shall have the option of electing liquidated damages.
Services and DataUse of the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In Solution
Subject to the terms herein, GTR will provide You with access to GTR API Data & Services over the Internet through the GTR API, Ratewatch, Excel Add In. All calls to the GTR API & Excel Add In must reference the credentials issued to You by GTR. You may not disclose your credentials to any other party. You are solely responsible for ensuring the secrecy and security of your credentials and will be responsible for all activities that occur using such credentials. You shall not use the GTR API or the Excel Add In,in a manner that exceeds reasonable request volume or constitutes excessive or abusive usage.Usage Limits
You shall not exceed the fair usage limits of 10,000 API calls per month. If you exceed your monthly usage limit, the GTR API may return an error message stating that fair usage limit has been reached and no further API calls can be made within the current monthly term. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that your application(s) properly detect and handle any returned error messages. GTR will make reasonable efforts to help you identify and resolve usage problems, or to review the suitability of your current subscription plan for your needs. GTR reserves the right to limit or throttle the number of network calls available to your application(s) if GTR (in its sole discretion) believes that such calls are being made for malicious reasons, or as the result of a technical error.Responsibility for Software and Hardware
You shall be solely responsible for acquiring, providing, and maintaining all software/hardware and Internet Services required to access the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In, including but not limited to telecommunication and internet connections, ISP, web browsers, and/or other equipment and software required to access and use the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In.Services May Be Inaccessible Or Inoperable
You hereby acknowledge that from time to time, the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add IN may be inaccessible or inoperable for any reason, including, without limitation:
- equipment (hardware) malfunctions;
- software malfunctions;
- periodic maintenance procedures or repairs which GTR may undertake from time to time; and/or,
- causes beyond the reasonable control of GTR and/or not reasonably foreseeable by GTR.
If the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In is unavailable to all GTR customers for more than three consecutive hours in any one calendar day, beginning at 12:00:01 AM London time (GMT + 01:00) and ending at 11:59:59 PM London time (GMT + 01:00) of the same day, an outage will be deemed to have occurred. If there are more than three outages within any one calendar week, beginning at 12:00:01 AM London time (GMT + 01:00) on a Monday and ending at 11:59:59 PM London time (GMT + 01:00) on a Sunday, then You may terminate this Agreement, without liability, by providing written notice to GTR of Your intention to do so within one calendar week of the third outage. Upon such termination being accepted by GTR, You shall be entitled to a refund equal to the amount You have paid for the latest term.
If you would like custom SLA's please contact email@example.comRight to Change Content or Format
You acknowledge that GTR may from time to time, and in its sole discretion, update or change the content or format of GTR API Data or the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In. GTR shall strive to provide reasonable advance notification of such changes; however, from time to time sudden changes may be required, and since GTR strives to accurately reflect these and adjust to these changes, significant advance notice is not always possible. You may be required to use the most recent version of the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In. in order to ensure functionality of Your application(s) with GTR API Data & Services.
Each Subscriber is permitted to state publicly that such Subscriber is a Subscriber of the Services. Each Subscriber agrees that GTR (GTR) may include such Subscriber’s name and trademarks in a list of GTR (GTR) Subscribers, online or in promotional materials. Each Subscriber also agrees that GTR (GTR) may verbally reference such Subscriber as a Subscriber of the Services. Subscriber may opt out of the provisions in this section by e-mailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
"taxrates.io", the taxrates.io logo and other identifying marks of GTR are and shall remain the trademarks and trade names and exclusive property of GTR, and any unauthorized use of these marks is unlawful. Other trade-marks on the Services are the property of their respective owners.Licensed, Not Sold
Use of GTR API Data & Services and the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In. is licensed, and not sold.Consent to Collection, Use, Retention, and Disclosure of Information
You acknowledge that GTR owns all right, title, and interest (including but not limited to all copyright rights therein) in and to the GTR API Data & Services or the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In and that You shall not take any action inconsistent with such ownership. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as granting You or any end users any ownership rights in or to any GTR API Data & Services or the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In.
GTR’s Right to Terminate
GTR reserves the right at any time to terminate this Agreement, or withdraw from distributing GTR API Data & Services or providing access to the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In, if for any reason it no longer retains the right to publish or distribute the GTR API Data & Services.
DisclaimerProvided in Good Faith
The GTR API is provided by GTR in good faith and although GTR endeavours to ensure that GTR API Data & Services and the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In are accurate and obtained from sources believed to be reliable, GTR does guarantee & warrant the service subject to a custom & Contract between GTR & you for the web services. Please contact to avail of a custom contract. - Please note there is extra fees for both the custom SLA & Contract.
- the accuracy, authenticity, timeliness, reliability, appropriateness, correct sequencing, or completeness of GTR API Data & Services or the GTR API; or
- that the GTR API Data & Services or the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In is free from errors or other material defects.
The GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In and GTR API Data & Services are provided “as is” and “as available”, without any warranty of any kind and GTR, its affiliates, agents and/or suppliers, officers, directors, and employees expressly disclaim any and all warranties, whether expressed or implied, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of the rights of third parties. In no event shall GTR be liable for indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages including, but not limited to, lost profits, lost data, or otherwise. In no event shall GTR, any of its affiliates, or any of their data providers involved in supplying, developing, operating, or managing the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In be liable for indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages including, but not limited to, lost profits, lost data, or otherwise. In the event the limitations and disclaimers contained in this Article are found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be ineffective or inapplicable, the parties agree that GTR’s maximum aggregate liability to You and all end users, whether arising in contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise, shall be limited, and in no event shall it exceed, the amount of fees paid by You for the current term.Disclaimer
GTR does not represent or warrant that the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In or access to the GTR API,Ratewatch & Excel Add In will be uninterrupted or error-free or that errors in the GTR API,Ratewatch & Excel Add In and/or GTR API Data & Services will be corrected.Disclaimer
In no event shall GTR, any of its affiliates, or any of their data providers involved in supplying, developing, operating, or managing the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In be liable to you or to any end users in any manner whatsoever for any interruptions, delays, the unavailability or inoperability, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions, regardless of cause, in the GTR API, Ratewatch & Excel Add In and/or the GTR API Data & Services or for any losses, damages, liabilities or expenses resulting therefrom regardless of cause, even if GTR knew or should have known of the possibility of or could have prevented such damages.Indemnification by You
You shall indemnify, defend, and save harmless GTR, its affiliates and subsidiaries, and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any loss, damage, liability or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees, accountants’ fees and other legal expenses) to which any of them may become subject to and which are in any way related to or which have arisen under or in connection with:
- any act or omission by You or any person connected, affiliated, or associated with You with respect to this Agreement and/or the GTR API,Ratewatch & Excel Add In; and/or,
- any non-fulfillment or breach of any covenant or agreement on Your part pursuant to this Agreement or any incorrectness in or breach of any representation or warranty made by You contained in this Agreement.
Should you have any questions, complaints, or comments about these Terms & Conditions, this service, or website, or require further clarification of any kind, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com